Friday, August 28, 2009

Texting & Driving



Did you all see this when it circulated around facebook a few days back?

I finally got around to watching it tonight. Pretty intense, but I really hope it gets used in high schools.

As someone who lost one of her best friends when I was 16 from a guy (our friend, ironically, who had my quasi-boyfriend and her boyfriend in the car with him) driving 55 in a 25 on his way to school, I can say that this PSA is pretty gruesome yet true to life. I can't imagine how reckless high school drivers must be now, with cell phones, ipods, and all other devices at their fingertips while driving. And it's not just teenagers, either. Adults, whom you think would exercise a bit more precaution, are just as stupid.

Is it crazy to say that one reason I want to raise my kids in NYC is so they won't be driving? It's true.

Hope this PSA gets around to schools and driver's ed classes. As of today in NY, it's illegal to text and drive. Can't believe they had to make a law about that and it's not just common sense.

1 comment:

  1. evan told me about this PSA. i can't bring myself to watch it yet!

    ReplyDelete