Friday, July 10, 2009

Testosterone



WARNING: TMI POST!

Men--I don't know how you do it.

I have often expressed a desire to be a man for a day, just to see what goes on in their minds, to play with the man parts (a body part that grows and shoots stuff? cool...), and to see how the world looks at you when you're a man.

Well, I think that growing a baby boy must be the closest thing to that experience I will ever get.

My friends warned me that alongside having a boy came this crazy testosterone surge, which pretty much translates into feeling incredibly randy 24/7, but I didn't believe them. When pregnant with Alexandra I kept Adam at an arm's length--not interested. But this time...whoa, Nelly. I'm like a 16 year old boy. And, not only am I like a 16 year old boy, but I'm 27 lbs heavier and have huge-ass basketball as a belly--that makes for quite a paradox of sorts when you're trying to be sexy and frisky.

And honestly, men, I don't know how you do it. Walking around with this...ummmm....desire shall we call it?...is unnerving! I have expressed this sentiment to many a male friend and my husband, to which a close co-worker replied, "How do we do it? We just take care of business when we need to." I think I'll have a totally different understanding of men and self-love from now on. Seriously, if what I'm feeling is a fraction of what men feel, they are in trouble.

I was in the city the other day and this guy in front of me was checking out this cutie-pie girl in a short skirt, tiny tank top, etc. and made some comment that I couldn't hear but I'm sure was not "Isn't this a beautiful day?" And, in some sick and twisted way, I got him. Scary indeed. Men....wow.

3 comments:

  1. During her first PREGNANCY, I meant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh out loud! So funny. And that explains why a friend of mine (during her first - a boy), spent most of her time trying to jump all over her husband. The bigger and more pregnant she got, the more she kept after him. Poor guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know...it's scary. this hot verizon guy came to install our DSL today and I swear I had to hold myself back...Adam was cracking up when i told him. he was like, "can you imagine turning around and this huge pregnant woman was undressing herself and looking at you with the "come hither" look?!" what a sad sight! but man, he was HAWT.;)

    ReplyDelete