Tuesday, July 7, 2009

MJ Memorial Words from Me

Have some words to get off my chest:

Several folks have made comments re: MJ being a child molester, fondling boys, how can you like him since you're having a son....blah blah blah. While I'm not denying that the charages against MJ were true or false (he was exonerated from all charges, but so was OJ and we all know he killed Anna Nicole Smith...), here's my two cents.

As a mother, any parent who lets his/her child go spend the night at a grown man's house--regardless of his star status--is INSANE. I mean, really? (to quote my favorite Seth Myers Saturday Night Live Weekend Update skit format). Think about it. Your son comes home, says "Hey ma, I want to go spend the night with that rich guy who lives in a big mansion with llamas and monkeys and other weird animals...He has no kids my age and is 30 years older than me, but he still wants to play video games and eat ice cream and stay up all night...How cool is that? Can I go?" And your parent alarm DOESN'T go off? Really?

I am not saying that any kid deserves any form of sexual abuse, the children are definitely the victims in this possible case as in all cases of minors and sexual assault, but if you--as an adult--willingly sent your child go play at a grown man's house, what the hell is wrong with you?!

Just wanted to shout that out to the world. Sorry baby boy, you ain't goin' to no grown man's slumber party, no matter how famous, rich, or popular he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment