Sunday, July 19, 2009

Christening the New Apartment

Our new apartment has been christened. And in spite of my testosterone-filled body, the christening did not take place by Adam and myself in a moment of post-moving bliss (I don't think we have had one of those yet--it's been more like divorce court trials around here...What is it about moving that makes you hate each other?!), therefore the christening came from Alexandra via...

...a poop in the bathtub.

Tonight as I was bathing her and she was bathing her baby doll, she strangely took her doll out of the tub and set it on the ledge. Hmmmm, I thought. New baby cleaning strategy? Then I smelled something but figured she'd passed gas or it was the gross smell my Birkenstocks seem to have picked up lately, but then I looked down and saw the floaters.

"Poop in the tub!" I hollered!

Alexandra looked up with a big grin on her face like it was Christmas morning. She kept repeating, "Poop in the tub!" over and over as I tried to make an escape plan.

I starting scooping the poop up with her shampooing cup, then decided I should actually get HER out of the poop-tub first, enlisted back-up from Adam, and then proceeded to chase the poop around the tub with the plastic cup (those suckers are fast). I then practically bleached the entire bathroom (so much for organic cleaning products).

Thankfully it was a pretty solid one (must be the bag of goldfish she ate for dinner at a friend's BBQ topped with Junior's cheesecake for dessert).

Welcome home.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, a new angle to her obsession with poop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know, i hope it does not continue. poop-less bath tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say, this experience has so far been my least favorite of parenthood. And that is saying something, you know?

    Congrats on your move!

    ReplyDelete