Tuesday, July 20, 2010

NYC sometimes sucks


There are some things in this city that just plain suck. Example A: the NYC Office of Vital Records.

There were TWO mistakes on Nico's birth certificate. They listed my birth city as Washington, CA (instead of Washington, DC) and they made Adam's birth year 1974 when it's 1975 (yep, he's a year younger than me. meow!). Not big things, but I figured they needed to be corrected. We sent in the corrections forms in October. They came back b/c Adam had not signed the photocopy of his driver's license. Ugh. Sent them back in January. Still NO birth certificate.

So, I decided to get on it this summer. Called July 1st. Said they'd call back after looking into it. Of course, that didn't happen. Called yesterday. Estimated wait time was 48 minutes. Eff that. Called this morning. Estimated wait time 11 minutes. Got a woman on the line, she put me on hold for about 4 minutes after I told her my situation, and then she hung up on me! Dammit! Just called back. Estimated wait time is now 60 minutes. Mother effers.

Nico has not had a birth certificate since he was born. We have a xeroxed copy of his original, but that a cup of coffee won't get you anything. Guess I'll have to go down there and stand in line. Cheese is Christ.

Found this link appropriate today. I'm going to be sure to take a photo of the Dept of Vital Records with my long middle finger in front of it when my sorry self spends a day in line there.

And seriously, cabbies, could you NOT go to BP at this particular moment in history, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment