Friday, July 16, 2010

Miracle


Wowza. I think Alexandra was in time out about five times tonight between the hours of 5 and 7pm. New record? Probably not, but it was exhausting for both of us. She just has no control of herself lately. I was commenting on this to our wonderful daycare teacher as I desperately asked her if four years old was better than three, and she kindly told me that at four they regress back to being babyish. But I thought that was what she was doing now! I guess there is just no way out of this. When folks say they don't know how I teach high school, nah...I don't know how ANYONE teaches early childhood or early elementary. No way, Jose.

I was thinking of the one last great photos of regression--Alexandra demanding to be swaddled what was then Nico's Miracle Blanket. Today, while she was thrashing around having a tantrum I thought a toddler-sized Miracle Blanket might be handy. Too bad that would pretty much be a straight jacket.

But as much as Alexandra is giving me more gray hair by the millisecond, when I look at this photo of her in the Miracle Blanket from the summer of 2007, I get all mushy inside and so full of love that my heart might burst and I mostly forget that she has been acting like a rabid squirrel lately. These children are certainly bewitching; she's still my little miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment