Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Toddler Logic

Alexandra is at the point where everything she says is just freakin' hilarious. I need to write more of these things down & make some more movies, but I just never have time to write them and as soon as the camera comes out that inhabited babble changes. It's just not quite the same.

She is full of logic and cause and effect statements lately. Yesterday, I rolled off my Dansko clog. Anyone out there who wears Danskos knows what I mean. I was walking along happily to work, stepped on a twig or something, and my entire foot flopped under me. It didn't feel bad at all at first, but then after pumping in the morning I went to stand up and couldn't. I was a total gimp. I limped around the rest of the day, had to come home early and have Nicole pick up Alexandra because I couldn't walk the 12 blocks to daycare, and I sat around trying to ice and elevate the rest of the day--while watching two kids all night because Adam had to work late.

I was icing my foot with green beans, and I told Alexandra I had a boo boo. A couple hours later I was nursing Nico and he bit me. Yes, the advent of his first tooth has also brought about a desire to gnaw on my boob. He bit me and I said, "Ouch Nico! No biting!" and Alexandra said, "Cause Mommy, if you get a boo boo on your boobie you'll have to put green beans on it!"

Okay--that's totally not as funny as it was when said. Humph.

No comments:

Post a Comment