Monday, March 8, 2010

Little Oscar Diva

I have been watching the Oscars annually since back in college. I have watched them with many different groups of friends, with various boys, and under the influence of several variables, but tonight was a first: I watched them with my two year old.

Alexandra goes to bed super easily, but tonight, around 9:15, she came out to the living room/kitchen and said she couldn't sleep and wanted to hang out with us. She sat on the couch, ate my very late dinner with me, and laughed at Ben Stiller's Avatar face and tail, said the girls were pretty had had pretty dresses, and commented when each guy had a beard like Grandpa. I LOVED having her there, giggling after I laughed and trying to be so grown up. But eventually I had to insist that she went back to bed, and she did so without a complaint.

But it was a precursor as to how much fun we'll have one day when she can chill with us on the couch.

Love that baby girl (and she really like the dresses with sparkles and the blue lights).

No comments:

Post a Comment