Friday, November 27, 2009

*Sigh*

Yesterday was the first time I have tried to look nice since having Nico. I try really hard on a daily basis not to slip into that sliding slope of mom-dom, of wearing sweatpants and no makeup and having that haggard look. Or, somehow not noticing that I have suddenly started wearing mom jeans, etc, but I haven't had to go out to be around a group of people for a nice event since birth, and getting dressed for it was challenging.

At a physical therapy appt last week, I asked my awesome physical therapist what was up with my gut. Granted, I have never been one with washboard abs, but I have this plateau of something on my mid-region now--what is that? Fat? Skin? My guts? And it has been getting smaller, but I am impatient. She told me it was mainly stretched out skin, that my abs had split a bit (called diastasis) and that all was a bit...slack...but that it would remedy itself in time, with exercise, and some pilates. Sigh.

Well, I don't like that. Besides having D boobs (they have retracted from the DD I was rockin' immediately after my milk came in), I cannot handle a gut. And wearing clothes is impossible. Everything I put on makes me look 4 months pregnant. NOT how you want to feel 2 months post-partum.

As evidenced by sweet Alexandra, who, upon me putting on my baggiest of sweaters yesterday, ran up to me, lifted up the sweater, and exclaimed "I want to see the baby!"

*Sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment