Tuesday, July 29, 2008

end of an era


today, july 29th, was my first day completely without nursing since june 25, 2007 (pictured above). for those of you who read this, you know that breastfeeding has really punctuated my existence the last year. but now, 13+ months later, i am done.

i thought i'd feel this immense relief, but alexandra is sick, and all she wants is to be snuggled. she keeps pulling on my shirt to see my boobs. it is breaking my heart. there's just no more milk! but my trick of sticking her on the tit whenever she's sad, hungry, frustrated is obviously up. what will i use now?

but i am proud of myself. i said i wanted to nurse for a year--mission accomplished. let's hope i can be motivated to do this all again another time. i'm convinced alexandra will be brilliant due to the breastmilk. she better be, b/c i feel intellectually challenged!

No comments:

Post a Comment