Monday, August 16, 2010

Manscaping


We're back from vacay and I'll post about it throughout this week, but I wanted to sneak in a quick post today about manscaping which was bought up hilariously on last week's "Entourage" in a conversation between Vince, Johnny Drama, and Turtle.

FYI: Manscaping is the act of keeping male body hair under control. It could mean a back wax or it could mean trimming/waxing/shaving/maintaining the hair down there. There are various degrees of manscaping, from those who get the BBB wax (balls/back/butt) to those who just go for a trimmy-trim to the various regions of male hair growth. Regardless, as Johnny Drama said, "It's 2010--you've got to manscape."

There are so many male:female double standards in this world, but I stand firm on the belief that men need to manscape. Why must I subject myself to getting my nether-regions waxed by my monosyllabic Russian lady when my partner can grow a chia pet? Why is an errant hair growing out of my armpit disgusting when he can have three inches of armpit hair caked with deodorant clumps? Seriously, world. I may still make 80 something cents to every dollar my husband makes (and that's pretty much true as we compared Social Security statements last night), but if I'm going to groom so is he.

And my opinions were justified by the brief but illuminating discussion on "Entourage" (August 8th episode). I have never really had a fondness for the LA area and its obsession with celebrity, cars, and plastic surgery, but if LA is where it's at for the manscaping movement, then LA, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment