Friday, May 8, 2009

People are annoying

Just got a random call from Colorado from a school out there. Seems a co-worker of mine from a couple years ago is applying to teach at different school and wants a reference from me. But, did this old co-worker call me and ask me if that's okay? No.

This happened last year, too, right about this time. Another old co-worker used me as a reference but didn't ask me. Then I get this email asking me to answer about 10 questions about her as a teacher. I had not spoken to her in a year...maybe more? Same with co-worker number one.

I mean, seriously guys. WTF? You are giving teachers the unprofessional stigma we keep trying to shake. How do you NOT contact those on your reference sheet, especially when you haven't even said "Boo" to them on Facebook in over a year for God's sake, and then put them down as a reference?!?!

I know I seem like a bitch, but I'm not calling this principal in Colorado back until I hear from ex-co-worker number one that he would like me to be a reference for him. Is that too much to ask? Shoot, I don't even remember the things he did at our school. He was there for one year, I didn't work with him that much, and since then we've had a whole new crop of teachers that have replaced those memories, making my reference for him a true act of bullshit that I have to prepare for....

Ugh. People are annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment