Friday, February 29, 2008

Exercise Makes you Sick


Yes, contrary to what all those healthy people want you to believe, exercise makes you sick.

Those of you who know me know that I have been wrestling with the last hunk of baby weight that stubbornly lingers, therefore I decided that midwinter break would be the week that I got my lazy bum on an exercise routine. If I could only keep it going for one week I could prove to myself that it was feasible and it would continue. Also, in one week I'd shrink back to a size 6 and magically be able to fit into about 90% of the clothes in my friggin' closet.

But no.

You know, I held up my end of the bargain. It looked like this:
Wednesday = ran 3.5 miles in the park pushing my 20 lb babe in the jog stroller, Thursday = spin class, Friday = an hour on the elliptical machine, Saturday = a 45 minute run on the treadmill doing intervals and hills.

Sounds good, right? I was kickin' ass and takin' names in the exercise world. I had visions of myself rockin' a cute little JCrew bikini in a skinny minute (pun intended). But noooooooo. My next week was not full of more exercise, but....

Monday night = Do I have a fever? Why do I have chills? Fall asleep on couch at 9pm. Cough. Tuesday night = I have a fever...cough cough. Snot. Fall asleep on couch again. Wednesday morning = Huh? 102 fever. Adam walks me to doctor. Get drugs. Fever gets to 103. Thursday = Fever breaks. Comes back at night to 101.Friday = Feeling better, but guess who's got the cough cough now? Adam and Alexandra!

The moral of the story is: Exercise is bad for you. Stay slovenly. Bake cookies and watch movies instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment