Friday, November 26, 2010

The Next Wes Craven

As you all know from prior blog posts I used to be obsessed with horror movies, but, ever since I had kids, I can't watch them for some reason. I can't even hear someone talking about them or I lay awake at night envisioning the demon from "Paranormal Activity" dragging some guy out by his pajama pants and it being caught on video tape while Adam snoozes next to me. I can literally work myself up into a full-blown anxiety attack over stupid shit like that. I have issues.

So, the other morning as Alexandra followed me from bedroom to bathroom and back again while I was hurriedly getting ready for work, she started telling me this story and I had to pause and look at her with a "WTF?" look on my face.

Alexandra's story:

The little girl was sleeping in her bed and she heard a noise outside. She went outside to see what it was because it sounded like her daddy talking, but it wasn't her daddy, it was a strange man. He was outside; it wasn't her daddy. But then the noise was coming from a bush and it was birds in the bush making the noise. And the girl went back inside and the strange man stayed in the yard because it was the birds making the noise in the bush...it wasn't her daddy.

(You have to understand that Alexandra has dramatic hand gestures when she tells stories that will rival any old Italian grandmother.)

Okay, what the hell is that? Freakin' scary! She's composing mini-children's horror movies in her small head. Terrifying. Freaky. Absurd.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen a scary movie since Pet Cemetary in high school with Steve(McDreamy) Thompson, BC, Heather, etc.....Yes, being a mom it's especially terrifying to me to even hear super scary stories whether they are real or made up. I love that Alexandra is so creative and a great storyteller like her mama, but yes.....creepy story.

    ReplyDelete