Monday, November 29, 2010

Is it possible...

...to get fat in one weekend?

Swear to god.

I have been so stressed between work and my dissertation that I have actually dropped weight this fall even though my unhealthy self has not set foot in the Y on a regular basis since early August. Yes, you read that correctly: EARLY AUGUST.

But, as bad as it is, stress does work some metabolic magic. So, in spite of my lack of aerobic activity, I'd been feeling kinda slim. I am even back in the 130's--closet to my pre-pregnancy #1 weight that I've ever been.

Well, today I felt fat. Like, my-lovehandles-are-buldging-out-of-my-jeans-that-are-my-"fat"-jeans fat. WTF?

Honestly, I ate a bit more than normal on Thanksgiving, but after that I went on a three day writing hibernation at my friend Amy and James's house (I love them so much) during which I mainly drank copious amounts of tea and ate a few too many cookies, but nothing totally crazy in terms of diet. Yes, I sat on my ass for three days straight staring at a computer screen with no bodily movement minus trips to the bathroom and minor dance parties in their kitchen, but today I feel like I haven't hit the gym since August. Just soft...in all the wrong places.

So, I guess I should start the New Year's Resolutions early. I was going to go to the gym tonight, but Nico got a fever and I had to leave work early and......(you see how well this is going to work?).

Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment