Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow Day!!!!!!!!!??????????

Tomorrow is my first day since having kids. I guess there was one last year, but I was on sabbatical and they didn't announce it until so late that our daycare didn't close. With the ominous winter storm on the day, the NYC DOE in an unlikely act of prudence announced that schools would be closed tomorrow around noon today.

This is how my brain processed the news, delivered by an ecstatic coworker:

First: WHOOOOOOO! Snow day! (insert jumping up & down here)

Second: Oh.....daycare is closed if public school is closed....Alexandra will be home.

Third: If my daycare's closed, our babysitter/nanny's daycare must be closed therefore I'm home alone with two kids....

Fourth: Oh my....

As crazy as this is to admit, tomorrow will be my first day home alone with both kids since Nico was born. I have both kids from 3:30 until 7ish every day since he was born, but not a whole day yet. Adam hasn't been out of town or anything.

So....looks like snow day has a new definition starting tomorrow! Let the wild rumpus start!

No comments:

Post a Comment