Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The 'roids

I wasn't sure I'd blog about this b/c I was so mortified yesterday, but a new morning brings new perspective. Warning: TMI.

Being pregnant is amazing. No doubt. And I am very thankful that I am able to experience it not just once but twice. But this pregnancy--Lord help me--is the universe's way of telling me that two is enough. I went through a 6-week phase of wanting to have three after we found out this baby was a boy (I really wanted two girls), a desire to which Adam replied "You need to find yourself a new husband." He needent worry--this pregnancy has taken away any desire for me to do this again.

Adding onto the list of nausea and vomiting for 25 weeks, gigantic boob growth, throwing-up-in-my-sleep reflux, constant heartburn (even from plain yogurt!), a pulled lower back, and the inevitable weight gain that makes you feel like a small whale, I have hemorrhoids! (Or maybe an ass fissure--which is better?!)

Exiled to a coffee shop yesterday while our cleaning lady did her thing (yes, I'm so bougie), I went pee and saw blood. Anyone who's pregnant knows that blood while pregnant is a big emergency sign that something is NOT right. I freaked out, fled the coffee shop, headed home, and called my midwives on the way. Stacey, ever-so-wise, said it might be a dreaded 'roid. Go home and stick a toilet paper covered finger up my poo-cat to make sure the blood wasn't from there and call back.

Did that, no blood from poo-cat. Definitely from the butt. MAJOR relief that I wasn't losing the baby or going into extremely early labor, but also total agony that I have something up with my butt that is not pretty. Literally shaking from fear of losing/having baby at 26 weeks for hours after.

So now I am using Preparation-H suppositories and drinking Metamucil like an 80-year old woman. Went on 'roid websites last night, and they all say, "Eat veggies/fruits, drink water, exercise." Well, duh. Anyone who doesn't do that already is a moron. So, what's a preggo girl to do?

Pray they go away after the birth, I guess.

I truly understand why all our mothers are crazy right about now. From conception onwards, mama-hood is one hell of a ride.

4 comments:

  1. omg...you poor thing! i couldn't help but laugh a little at the way you described your ordeal. you have such a way with words. hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I clearly remember the vomiting in your sleep. Such a strange and annoying symptom...to wake myself up as I am choking on burp-up but luckily I avoided the roids (this time). Also, I too have had thoughtful moments when I consider having three kids but when this was mentioned to hubby I was told, honey, I will be snipped as soon as #2 arrives so good luck with that plan. There definitely is something to be said for pregnancy/newborn amnesia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i had them - but AFTER giving birth to my second. i wasn't sure what they were and actually made my husband peer down there to confirm my suspicions. awful awful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl I wish I could say they go away after birth. Love this post, your so brave...

    ReplyDelete