Sunday, September 4, 2011

*Hopefully* Back

I have missed my blog.

I don't know how and/or why life suddenly got too busy, crazy, chaotic to jot down my thoughts in this space, but between finishing my dissertation, graduating, job hunting, staying at home with two kids all of July & August, taking one job, quitting it to take another job, leaving the Department of Education, joining the faculty of the City University of New York system I have just not had the mental space or energy to put my thoughts down in this space.

But I have had thoughts.

And it sounds almost tragic, but sometimes when I don't get my small and large realizations down in my blog it's like they don't happen. Or, they lose some sense of tangibility, even if I have told them to friends, Adam, and any Joe at the grocery store who will listen over the cachophony of my wailing whining children.

But I am hoping and praying to the universe that all will settle down now. It's September. There's a new normal about to happen here: Alexandra is going to pre-Kindergarten at a new school, Nico is starting a new daycare, and I'm starting a new job as Assistant Professor of Developmental English for the New Community College, a branch of the City University of New York system. Now that all has been thrown up in the air and has resettled, I want to come back to here. I have missed it.


2 comments:

  1. welcome back! i've missed you! after i saw your post on FB about your new job, i've been checking your blog to find out more. i hope you'll post about the process and how you're feeling about these huge changes ... you lead such an interesting life! hugs, sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed reading probably as much as you have missed writing. I stalk every day. All of these exciting changes....gonna be awesome for you guys. Thinking about you tons lately especially with the 9/11 anniversary right around the corner. xxxxoooo

    ReplyDelete